The Liebster Award Tag!


THANK YOU FOR THE TAG, AMY! This tag looks like so much fun and I'm so excited to answer your wonderful questions!

I tag Jolien from The Fictional Reader, Cait from Paperfury, Inge from Of Wonderland, Hazel from Stay Bookish and Mariah from Vibin With Books and YOU. If you want to answer my questions and join in, please do! The more the merrier!

ONTO THE QUESTIONS:

1: If you were a colour, what would you be? (What colour best suits your personality?)
Probably pink or yellow because I like to think I can be quite a vibrant, fun, happy person! And I have quite a lot of energy (anxious energy, that is) BUT ENERGY NONETHELESS.

2: A magical animal you'd love to have as a pet?  
I'm going to be basic here and say a unicorn. It's like a magical horse, WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT?!

3: Guilty pleasure book?
I haven't read one in awhile but you know those super, super fluffy contemporaries that are quite shallow and have no substance but are uber fun and lighthearted? Yes, those.

4: Would you rather live in Oz or Neverland, and why?
NEVERLAND. I haven't actually ever read Peter Pan (WHO EVEN AM I? AN UNCULTURED SWINE, THAT'S WHO) but I distinctly remember falling in love with Neverland when watching the one Peter Pan movie back when I was a smol child.

5: You're only allowed to watch 1 movie your entire life. What movie would you choose?
Probably Tangled. I LOVE THAT MOVIE SO MUCH. It's muchly adorable.

6: You're stranded on an island with Hermione Granger and Katniss Everdeen. Who do you think is more likely to escape without you and leave you behind - given dire circumstances?
I think probably Katniss. Hermione is incredibly loyal and I'm sure she'd think of several ways to get us all off of the island!

7: One book that forever changed your life?
Matilda by Roald Dahl. I read it when I was 8 and it's the only book I've reread more than twice. No other kids I was friends with ever read as much as I did so Matilda was and still is my spirit animal. Another one I'd have to say is To Kill a Mockingbird, it really reminds a person to be kinder, understanding and empathetic – I loved it so much for that.

8: Who's your fictional hero/role model?
ANNABETH CHASE, HERMIONE GRANGER AND VALKYRIE CAIN. Annabeth and Hermione because they're so incredibly brave, loyal and so clever. Whenever I'm demotivated towards school/studying, I read some of Percy Jackson or Harry Potter because those two girls are so inspiring with all that knowledge they've got going on. Also, Valkyrie Cain. Because she's so brave, she's so sassy and she never gives up. YAS.

9: Would you rather drown in ice-cream or burn in pizza? (I'm weird, I know).
Well...that's certainly a question I've never been asked before nor ever thought about so A+ for originality. I think I'd rather drown because it would be quicker??

10: What's one famous book you wish you'd written?
FREAKING DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONES BY THE QUEEN THAT IS LAINI TAYLOR. The characters and the world building and the writing is so incredible?? Like, is she even human?? CAN I BE HER??

11: What's one book you know you'll never, ever read?
50 Shades of Grey because a) I've seen snippets from the books and the writing doesn't seem to be the best and b) I've heard it romanticizes abuse so NO THANK YOU. I WOULD RATHER EAT A LOCUST. Another book I won't ever read is that one Stephenie Meyer released, where Edward and Bella's genders are reversed or something? Hmm, I think I'll pass.

MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU AREEEE:

1.  What's the best book you've read this year and why?

2. If you could control one element, which one would it be?

3. What book make you fall in love with reading?

4. Which two characters from two different books (by different authors) do you think would make a cute couple that you'd totally ship?

5. If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life (contemporary/sci-fi etc), which one would it be?

6. What's your favourite word in the English language?

7. Which countries would you like to see featured more of in books?

8. Do you read a book as soon as you get it or do you take 576 to read it like I do?

9. If you could call up one author and hang out with them for a day, who would it be and why?

10) What topic/theme included in a book will make you want to stop reading it almost instantly?

11) What book have you still not read that everyone and their mother has read except you?


I HOPE YOU ENJOY ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS and if you want to participate but don't want to write a post about it, choose two of my questions and answer them in the comments section! THAT'S ALWAYS FUN!